Students with Dyslexia at University or TAFE SA


Having dyslexia should not deter you from tertiary study, in fact you will probably find you will receive more assistance than what you did in high school. Tertiary institutions have policies in place to assist students with dyslexia and other learning difficulties. Accommodations can be granted such as extra time in exams, a scribe for exams, the use of assistive technology and so on. Disability support officers can help tailor your studies to suit you. Links are provided below to disability units in SA’s major tertiary institutions:


Flinders University

The University of Adelaide


What You Need to Know About Starting University with Dyslexia – The Conversation

Australian Dyslexia Association: Teens and Adults with Dyslexia

Lois MacCullagh – Uni Students